TO BE RESURRECTED IN ABOUT AN HOUR, FOR 9x11
I leave you with my eulogy, titled "Words on 9x10":
Words cannot describe. I'm pretty sure Kate-who-lives-below-me is watching The Lord of the Rings, which is a good thing, because if she was distracted by hobbits and dwarves and Aragorn singing then she probably didn't hear me cry and then laugh and then shriek and then glee and then churn with emotion (whatever sound that makes), all in the same 42 minutes.
1. It's a good time to be a Dean!girl. :'D
2. Can we give Jared Padalecki all of the awards, please.
3. Except the one that is for Jensen Ackles.
4. And Crowley, who is relevant to me again (for the first time since like, S5).
5. Anyone recognize the lighting in that last scene from the promos? YEAH YOU DO. YEAH YOU DO.
6. And can a get a 'hell yeah' for the last shot? DEEP FOCUS/DEEP STAGING (AND AN AERIAL SHOT TO BOOT), which I associate with post-war cinema and the French New Wave (and also noir film and therefore S6 of SPN). Increasingly less common in Hollywoodland (and in SPNland, because both do so love their close-up, single-actor cuts), deep space emphasizes the distance between the bodies in a scene. My sparse knowledge of film ends there, but booyah!
Review of 9x09: Great concept episode, horrifically written. A good reminder that angels talking to other angels is, as of S4, one of the most painful things to ever occur on television. But in spite of this, totally wonderful.
Review of 9x10: Andrew Dabb should probably be the only one who is allowed to write Metatron; he's disturbingly good with him. Also, he was on fire with this entire episode because the script was improbably excellent. THE ENTIRE TIME. WHAT.
I wouldn't have minded a little more time/agency with Sam (e.g. a two-parter) but since we had to visit Oz and talk to some dogs and bring up virgins again, I guess we are on a deadline. XD <--- Which, while all true, I will also mention is my extremely flaccid critique of this episode, because really all I want to do is watch it again RIGHT NOW. And you know what? I just may.
And anyway, I will forever hold S5 up as the best example of "you spent all those episodes on antichrists and Irish witches and body swaps and NOW you realize you're out of time for the Horsemen of the Apocalypse? What did you think was going to happen???" XDDD And it shall never be dethroned. (No shade, S5. I love you. C'mere, you stupid thing! <3)
7. So world, you heard me about the awards and the Jared Padaleckis, right.
8. Also, Sam's last two lines.
9. Actually, that whole scene.
10. For real now. <3