Natural Bridges State Park, Santa Cruz, CA
* Picking my sister up from her culty leadership camp, took a 12 mile detour to the coast for like twenty minutes. But I made the most of this by rushing to the water, jumping in, and then (tragically) jumping back out. It's really not BBspiration because it was sunny and 1000 miles south of my BB, but whatever man, it's the Pacific and it's miiiine.
* Am helping to teach my other sister how to drive. Today we survived freeway driving and nighttime driving. ("This early on Sunday morning is a great time to practice on the freeway, because the only people up are us an a bunch of religious zealots." / "This is a great time to practice night driving, because the only people still awake are us and drug dealers.")
* Went to the State Fair with siblings, cousins and former housemates. SAW MOST EXCELLENT LIVESTOCK. MOST EXCELLENT YOUTH CRAFTS. MOST EXCELLENT AQUACULTURE AND AQUAPONIC EXHIBITS.
* HIGHLIGHT: I GOT TO PET A BUNCH OF STURGEON. OMG I WANT A STURGEON. I WANT TO AQUACULTURE STURGEON. THEY ARE THE CUTEST, PLUSHIEST OF FISH.
* There was this amazing booth that sold scissors of all kinds, and all kinds of clamps, files, screwdrivers, ring sizers, magniying glasses, etc. Also, GIGANTIC HEMOSTATS. SIXTEEN-INCH HEMOSTATS, which were oddly alluring, even though I really have no immediate need for any kind of hemostat, much less a livestock-sized one. I just have a fetish for fun, utilitarian items of unusual sizes.
And you know, I'm very aware of exactly how all-consuming and ridiculous my obsession with this show is. For real! But even that did not prepare me for the religious rapture I experienced at this car show. Oh. My. God.
[It had a decal in the back that said FAMILY. I mean, COME ON.]
[There was a HOT PINK, SPARKLY IMPALA.]
Look at all the charming, sporty two-door late 60s Impalas! :'D They also had a '63 and a '64 and an exceedingly pretty Corvette and this cool 30s/40s car that had little windows for the engine so that it could be visible at all times.
* Driving down to SoCal tomorrow for family vacation. See y'all on the flipside~