The first time I watched this episode, I'd just moved into a new apartment; it's the only place I've ever lived that actually had TV, so I had the pleasure of watching most of S6 on TV, which also meant in public. And the whole season I had this thing where EVERYTHING WOULD FEEL VERY INTENSE and I'd need to lap the apartment, or go wash all the dishes during/after episodes. And one of my housemates was like, "You know, as much as I enjoy watching this show, I think I enjoy watching you watching this show way more. This is hilarious." XP It's uh, good to know that even though I've seen S6 several times now, this hasn't changed. It just has that special magic. ("Special magic" here meaning "Dean is really stressed out so I am really stressed out.")
- I LOVE THE CAMPBELLS SO MUCH. Both times they showed up in any major capacity I seriously had to pause the episode so I could deal with my own manic laughter. They're all such assholes; I love them. And I love that they apparently live under very large rocks, because if even Walt and Roy figured out Sam and Dean started the Apocalypse, how the fuck did the entire Campbell family not know Sam and Dean existed? I MEAN, WALT AND ROY. But I digress--I love that scene where they're setting up camp in Lisa's house, flinging aspersions at Dean all the while; violating and undermining and insulting this extremely fragile life Dean's built for himself, and barely survived building for himself, along with the love and assistance of two really exceptionally good people who don't deserve the insults. It just gets under your skin and makes you feel naked and ashamed and angry and vulnerable and I love it. And I love imagining Dean going out with Sid and just hacking out huge chunks of earth with a nine iron, whaling on the ground below him 'til there's nothing but a big pit behind the tee. (Though who's to say they were Dean's clubs? Maybe Lisa golfs.)
- I will take poisoned!Dean any day. I would like to take a moment to note that I have read every single fic tagged thusly more than once (sometimes more than three times, uh) on hoodie_time and AO3 and should more exist in the world I would read them every single day.
- Sam is soulless right now, so he's not really a part of this, but I'd like to take a moment to note that Bobby wanted to save Dean so much (here meaning "get out of the life") he was willing to take the chance that that might kill him. Dean wasn't shy about how hard that year was; Lisa's carefulness around him is not shy about that; nor was Chuck's narration at the end of 5x22. I don't care how much Bobby trusts Dean (and he probably shouldn't, given the end of S5); I know he knows that could have killed him. But hey, if you want to save him, you might have to kill him. It's good to know John will never have to turn in his grave, because his principles remain alive and well. XD
- I know most of this is because Lisa truly loves Dean, like really really a lot, but if the gap year between S5/S6 was the best year of Lisa's life, I'm really curious about the rest of her life. I want 900 fics about Lisa's life.
- Soulless Sam's Charger. :'D And not taking the Impala and sakakfjakskaj;jkaj
- HBIC Sera! <333