And a random small Midwestern town tour, which included:
- This Stingray bravely parked right next to the Meijer cart return.
- North wants Trump for President but what they want even more is NO GRAVEL PIT at Wilkinson Lake.
- Scrapaloo is not a scrapyard--it is a HUGE scrapbooking store.
- Moose Lodge advertises its fishing and the number of cornhole boards it has available.
- Solid Rock Church
- I thought "I should be extra vigilant, it seems like there will be a deer," rounded a corner, and there was immediately a deer.
- Colorful hot air balloons flying over the Gilmore Car Museum
- Gull Lake, Wall Lake, and Something Else Lake
- AC/DC at 7AM, and then literally AC/DC every time I switched to that station thereafter
- You should road trip with me because I will definitely turn the volume all the way up on "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" before 8AM
- THIS SMOOSHED DISCOUNT PIE. <3333333 Which I had to get. I was already planning to make a Jucy Lucy for the Darlington NASCAR race on Sunday, so I guess now I'll have a full burgers+pie bonanza???
And I was thinking about it, and the episodes that start airing on October 7 will be such an odd little time pocket, because they will be coming into the public for the first time, but they will be coming from a pre-pandemic world. There will be nothing about them that is cognizant of, at any level of consciousness, what it means to live in pandemic. And unless they throw a reference in in the finale (which I hope they wouldn't--that'd be unnecessary and probably tasteless?), SPN and its universe will always exist in a non-COVID world. Whatever else might happen to it and whatever other Apocalypses most of its denizens have definitely not noticed, they won't have this one. <3