I ended up watching this over lunch/dishes so I could get it in before 15x15, even though I have not actually seen 15x12 or 15x13 yet, and like... oh man, it feels like 60 years since I've watched a new SPN episode and it is just so???? wonderful???? Even though this isn't really the kind of episode I like, because I'm not really into the bunker or MoL lore, and am 50/50 on "mid-season hijinks" as an episode genre. XDD But every corner of this just felt so deeply SPN, and compelled me in ways that only SPN does, like there's a certain kind of mental song that is second nature in the course of watching an episode of this show that is not emulated in my experiences with/relationship to literally anything else I watch (and love!). I loved watching this.
- I've entertained a scene in my head many many times of Winchester B-roll where Dean makes some off-hand comment about expecting Sam to be the one to fix this or that in the bunker because of that one time where Sam "hit a dog" and "spent a summer fixing air conditioners and shit," so it was fun to see a version of that in canon. I am here for Crappy Bunker and Crappy Bunker only. XDDD
- I am EXTREMELY in love with the idea that up until 15x14 they've just like, abandoned use of an entire room of the bunker since 13x16--TWO YEARS AGO--and in all that time did not even bother to remove the smashed TV. Like, I can't overstate how extremely in love with this I am.
- swirly straw vampires, RIP :(
- lol interdimensional geoscope <333
- okay I don't care about the MoL but I AM into Magnus. What a complete weirdo. Amazing. Terrible. Perfect. <3
- Sam and Dean just being handed things (whether it is a bag lunch or a nest of vampires/whatever, without having to do the work of learning the story, working the case, accepting the tradeoffs inherent to the trade) makes me PROFOUNDLY uncomfortable, and I love that
- I am VERY interested in Magnus's deal weirdo deal here and the notion of nymphing as a "young woman's game" in relation to that and the way Mary wends her way into all things here and all the bizarre refractions around gender/care/care-taking/family/monstrosi
- was the Madge homage with the holidays as well as the fingernail thing intentional or
Spending time with you is just so genuinely and singularly pleasurable, my beautiful grown-up baby Show. <33333333333333